Ingredients For Spaghetti Pizza Pie:
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1/4 cups pizza sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and cooled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cooked, crumbled sausage
- 5 Sliced green bell pepper rings
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, Parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 cup of pizza sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss the spaghetti with 1/2 cup mozzarella and toss well to coat the noodles.
- In a 12-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the spaghetti mixture to the hot oil and spread it evenly around the bottom of the pan. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 3 minutes, or until the edges begin to firm.
- Over the top, pour the remaining 2 cups of pizza sauce and spread evenly.
- The remaining 1 cup of mozzarella, sausage, green peppers, onions, and black olives are sprinkled on top.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until the spaghetti mixture is fully set and the cheese is bubbling.
- Allow cooling for 5 minutes after removing from the oven. Slide-out of the pan with a spatula.
- Garnish with basil. Serve cut into wedges.
This is a fantastic way to use up leftover spaghetti. You can also freeze the leftover pasta and use it in a later recipe. It works with either sauce-covered or sauce-free pasta. You can also freeze this after it has been baked if you let it cool and wrap it carefully. When ready to serve, bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.